The IPS online learning model involves watching, listening, doing, and reviewing. Each concept or skill is presented in a 15-20 minute tutorial video with clear action points for applying what has just been seen and heard. After completing each set of videos, a photo assignment you put your new-found skills into practice. Finally, these assignments are reviewed by an IPS instructor, giving you custom feedback on your work.
What you’ll learn
As you go through the 29 lessons in Digital Photography 2 you will learn to:
- Edit photos in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Use an easy, but powerful workflow
- Color correct RAW images
- Use a flash in TTL mode
- Use a flash and radio slave for off-camera lighting
- Modify your flash with a reflector and/or soft box
- Use spot metering
- Photograph high school seniors
- Photograph couples in natural light
- Resize and optimize images for photographic prints
- Optimize images for search engines
Digital Photography 2 assumes that you have access to the following equipment:
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom [current version]
- Personal computer with high speed internet access
- Digital SLR camera with lens, battery and memory card
- External flash (must operate in TTL and Manual mode)
- Radio slaves (wirelessly connect your flash to the camera)
- Reflector (we recommend a 32″ silver/white)
- Soft box (for the flash)
- Light stand (recommended, not required)
- 50mm prime lens (recommended, not required)
Our complete Digital Photography 2 syllabus is available online. We encourage you to review it!
Digital Photography 2 Syllabus
Everyone is different, so we have created four different ways to learn in Digital Photography 2. Each of these ways gives you access to the video lessons forever, but have different timelines and types of interaction with an instructor.
Complete the curriculum in 8 weeks by watching videos, shooting assignment photos, and meeting with your instructor online once a week for a critique of your work and to view the images of your classmates.
Just like college – in an 8 week term you watch videos, write papers, shoot assignment photos and receive grades. You’ll mmeet with your instructor online once a week for a critique of your work and to view the images of your classmates. At the end of the term you’ll receive a certificate and transcript.
Specially designed for moms and anyone else who wants to work at their own pace. You have 6 months to complete you assignments. You’ll receive a recorded video critique of the images you submit instead of a live session.
Subscribe to IPS to watch the Digital Photography 2 videos [and dozens more!] at your leisure.
Still have questions
We’re here to help! Please use this form to send us any questions or feedback on Digital Photography 2.